Interested in joining our planting team?
Planting season at Native Solutions is a very busy time of year (April – December). We are always on the look out for motivated, hard-working and dedicated planters to join our crews. A forestry planting job at Native Solutions is very unique! You will be working in a crew of tree planting experts anywhere between 6-12 people and will take you nationwide all over New Zealand.
Forestry planting includes, but not limited to the following tasks:
- Preparing and maintenance of seedbeds.
- Planting of shrubs, trees bulbs, native trees and native bushes.
- Plant maintenance & silviculture through planting, weeding, thinning, trimming and fertilisation techniques.
- Installation of protection devices and plant support materials.
- forestry spraying application for insect, weed control and their safety.
- Application of mulching mediums, weed mat materials, wind netting and irrigation.
- Having a current Site Safe certificate would be of advantage.
- Competitive hourly rate
- All accommodation funded by the company
- Work boot allowance
- Travel costs covered
- The chance to see New Zealand “off the beaten track”
- All planting equipment and training provided
- Have a current, clean N.Z or international driver’s license.
- Able to work as a team but also unsupervised when applicable.
- Able to cope with last minute changes.
- Hard working and excellent work ethic.
- Willing to undertake random drug testing as well as preliminary drug and alcohol testing.
- Willing to allow the company to do a criminal record check.
- Fit and able to perform vigorous silvicultural work.
- Able to work 6 days a week in peak season.